Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cupcakes with Sprinkles

This reminds me of an adorable pastry...delicious no?

HAHAHA JUST LOOK AT THAT SUIT! I really hope to god that my husband doesn't wear that to my wedding...although I certainly wouldn't mind wearing that dress. The 200-metre long train might be classified as a hazard for those of us who have trouble walking as it is.

I love that shiny chrome contrast of the boots against the "fru fru" tiers of the dress. Too cute!

I just wanted to call attention to the little rose shoulder pads. She looks like a butterfly emerging out of some sort of fabric cocoon.


Look at how subtle, yet beautiful, the pink sleeves are on the right. Perfect amount of shimmer. If you look to the left you get the makings of an 80s power suit without the mini skirt. I really want fashion to go in a more futuristic direction. Thanks Chanel for encouraging the fashion world!


Right: Such a classic elegant Chanel silhouette. The length of the coat falls at the perfect place so as to avoid exposing too much drapery.
Left: I'm not a huge fan of the tie...too school girl for my liking.
Right: The structure of the bodice reminds me of a Greek goddess...that kinda rhymes.
Left: This glove reminds me of the glove Karl Lagerfield wears. It's not surprising that he designed it.

Bonjour!
I just wanted to do a quick post on the AMAZING Chanel Haute Couture S/S show. All of the clothes look scrumptious and girly and yummy. I've always been prone to voluminous cotton candy-esque dresses and skirts so of course I fell in love with this collection. It shocked me a bit when I noticed the foil astronaut boots and fingerless gloves, but I was soon won over. I was also quite partial to the bracelets that looked like they're made out of dead glow sticks. Okay, so there's one crucial element I haven't talked about yet...THE HAIR! I absolutely adore the 60's beehive topped with a big pink bow...I mean, what is not to love!? I'm glad so many frayed roses made their way into that hair because they match all of the frayed trim on the dresses. Everything is just so overwhelmingly cute! Aannyyyway, I'm still grounded, still bored, and STILL without phone privileges. Thank you Chanel for adding a some blush to my very grim pale day.

xoxo Valentine

2 comments:

  1. This makes me hungry, is that weird to say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, thank you so much for your comment, it quite honestly made my day :)
    And aaahhhh the hair, the frills, WANT WANT WANT.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers