Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Inspiration for the Week: Kay Nielsen

Kay Nielsen

Vogue Spreads





Bonjour!
It has been a while. Let me explain myself. I was at a Speech and Debate tournament all weekend long and have also had a mountain of homework. This blog was born during the summer, when I had a mass of free time, and is having trouble coping with such neglect. My blog isn't the only one who's having trouble coping...cough cough. High School is becoming increasingly more difficult. I never realized how easy I had it when I was a freshman. I've taken to going to bed at 1am which, as you can probably assume, is not doing my health (or appearance) any favours. I have big bruised bags under my eyes and I wake up too late to brush my hair. Thank GOD I have French first period, as madame could care less if I was late. *Siiigh* I feel considerably better after jotting this all down for my "dedicated" readers. One of the few things that have kept me going during this never ending week are Kay Nielsen's fairytale illustrations. In particular, the very first piece of art on this post. you can now find that hat in every one of my notebooks. Regarding my Speech and Debate Tournament last weekend, I went with the majority of the team to a giant invitational. I am exceedingly proud of all the novices! They worked very hard and it payed off. Our team ended up winning 7 trophies! That's 7 more then last year. I also, have a new member of my family, Charlotte. She's very tall and pretty! I won second place for speaker points (speaker points= eloquence/clarity/pace/tone) and took her home with me. NARGLE! I have so much geometry homework. This is where I leave you.
xoxo Valentine

P.S. Inspiration courtesy of Miss Simone Silly-Pants Rein ... and I suppose Kay Nielsen helped a little.

1 comment:

  1. ummmm you name your trophies?
    and those dresses are EXTREME. i would die with skirts that long. literally. i'd trip and fall down a flight of stairs.
    but the dresses are soooo pretty.
    good job with speech and debate!
    (and Madame never noticed when we came in late either haha. the only class i ever had 0 tardies xD)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers