Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Oh no! They're Getting Away with Me Lucky Charms!"




Bonjour!
Two summers a go I inherited this beautiful charm bracelet from my great grandmother. I had gone to visit my Aunt and Uncle in England, when suddenly they whipped out this tiny box. You can imagine my awe when I opened it to find this! I've always been drawn to the "lucky" aspect of charm bracelets. Unfortunately, this one hasn't brought much good fortune. The first day I wore it was to a final exam at school. Not only did one of the charms fall off, I also did horribly on the test. As you can imagine, my mother wasn't too pleased with either. There are 14 charms: a toby jug, an old camera, a chapel, an old cigarette lighter, St. Christopher, a duck, a boy hanging by his foot, a windmill, a slipper, a rocking horse, the Eiffel Tower, a bell, Le Arc de Triomph, and a San Francisco trolley cart. There used to be a witch but she flew off. Out of all of these charms there are two that I love the most. The first one is the camera, because it opens up to reveal a little man under a sheet taking a picture. The second one is the chapel, because it also opens up. However, instead of a photographer, there is a couple getting married. The whole thing is sterling silver and the clasp is a little lock. I hope to add a unicorn charm soon. This is definitely one of the neater things I own!
xoxo Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers