Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Putting the 'High' Back in High Heels

Versace

Rodarte

Proenza Schouler

Mui Mui

Louis Vuitton

John Galliano

Chanel

Chanel

Bonjour!
I've noticed some rather interesting heels going down the runway this past month. Warped heels seem to be all the rage. I can't imagine how the models are fairing, having to walk in 5 inch stilettos that end in a pinprick point. It must be reminiscent of walking on stilts. Rodarte features a sort of stacked abacus heel. Certainly an interesting concept but not my cup of tea. Then you have Versace who went with the skyscraper-high theme. This shoe has way too much going on! With the silver, wood, pink, white, and lace I just don't know where to look. Proenza Schouler has a futuristic meets reptile look but is still tasteful. If you like this shoe, then you'd like their boots even more! Mui Mui reminded me of a pair a pair of great Vivienne Westwood heels from a long time a go. They're bright pink and, unfortunately, not in my closet. They share that 80's disco heel and brick thick platform I adore. Moving on to Galliano! Similar to Rodarte's concept but with pearls. That shoe belongs in a pin cushion! A fabulous pin cushion for a fabulous shoe. The infamous platforms pop up once again, to the models' dismay. I think these shoes would have fallen flat had in not been for the height...no pun intended! As you can see, I have two pictures for Chanel, because I found both shoes equally unique. The first appears to be in black velvet with an ivory heel. If you look closely you can see the gorgeous details that spiral up it. The second picture shoes an adorable little shoe all dressed up for afternoon tea. The flowers are done in such a way as to keep the feminine yet classy edge of Chanel intact. A especially admire the heel that mirrors a woman's physique. Maybe I'm being to analytical? Sorry if I am! And now for the Louis Vuitton eskimo boots. Studded leather shoes have been appearing in a lot of shows this season. Chanel, for instance, had a pair of clogs with a rim of rustic studs encircling the rim. Metallic pink heel on these provide a nice contrast from the rest of the nude colour palette. If you're wondering why I have nothing on Alexander McQueen it's because I think he deserves a special post. OKAY! SO, recap on Winter 2010 shoes! Platforms aren't going anywhere, nor are mile high heels. Warped heels are coming up, which means twisted, cracked, stacked, you name it! Don't be afraid to pull off thick heels...but if you're going to, then own it. Shoes that look like they've been made from a magical "Snow Yak" are equally cool. That's my advice for winter! Good luck!
xoxo Valentine

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Followers