Sunday, May 15, 2011

Reservation for Two

I'm still getting used to drawing models that take up whole pages so bear with me and the disproportional legs for a while (bought a larger sketchbook). This design is inspired by cruise-wear. I saw a photo of some woman wearing the most hideous dress while on a cruise with her husband and sort of fell in love. I took the flowing green chiffon and updated it by editing out any tacky rhinestones littering the waistband of the original. The end result is a Great-Gatsby-esque meets Palm Springs slip that will one day accompany me on a cruise to Barcelona.

Look at me getting all spicy-like with the borders! I chose not to color this one in because I liked the one before it a lot better without the watercolor. Ah well, no use crying over spilled paint. This dress is an emerald green vinyl fabric (not dissimilar from the previous fabric pattern except a lot shinier). Good for parties and festivities of that nature.

Here, have some Slim Aarons Photography


YODLE HEE HOOO!
Yeah, that's right I'm still here. Didn't just run off forever, although it did cross my mind a few times. Rather be out and about then with you miserable lot but alas, here I am. The convicted, trudging back to my ball and chain. Alright, enough internal chatter (I really could go on for days). The real reason I missed my last two posting days was because my internet's been shot. It's up and running now so I'll resume my regular posting pattern of every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers