Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Geometry and Fashion Can Absolutely Mix

The first model is wearing a floral skirt with fabric draping across the front. It's pinned together with a doily and bound up with three shiny belts. Tucked into the skirt is a cashmere cardi, a t-shirt, and a thick pearl necklace. The second model is wearing a black blazer, a bog-standard blouse, and a plain skirt layered with a sheet of lace. The lace is scattered with a bunch of rebellious pins saying something along the lines of "PISS OFF!" The last model is wearing a light blue silk kimono over a lightning bolt skirt and a navy-and-white-striped dress, cinched at the waist with a bow tie. I actually tried this one myself by stuffing my knickers with socks. The resulting skirt was similar to a mini-crini so I was quite proud.

Think military coat with two circular pillows stuffed into the tails. I was experimenting with a "raggedy anne" meets "armed forces" look.


This is definitely my favourite out of this bunch. Again, I used a blue silk kimono and then attached stuffed animals all over it. An over-sized safety pin is replacing the regular obi. The sleeves are actually connected; forming a floor-length muff.


The second model is wearing a bunch of doilies on top of bright red and crimson stripy turtle neck. Yes, those are *GASP* boobs! The third model is wearing a black jumpsuit with a rope that pulls a little teddy bear. The last model is wearing a cardi and a puffy skirt. On top of the puffy skirt are many dark, wooden slats.

Bonjour!
So you know that Gatsby essay I told you about? Well, that took me until 5am to finish. The best part is that my teacher didn't even collect it. Just thinking about it makes my sleep deprived brain ache. As you can imagine, it was a very looong day. I spent geometry class drawing to avoid the temptation of a quick cat nap. And now, I think it's time I caught some Z's.
xoxo Val

1 comment:

  1. I commend you for your superior use of the time alloted for that horror of horrors, geometry. Nice work, kid.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers