Saturday, November 28, 2009

Where Are my Toes?

This is a flower crown I made during English class when nobody was looking.

I'm wearing a plaid button up shirt underneath a Spirituali dress.

Just so you could see the full length of the skirt! I took a black belt and essentially threaded it through my old drapes.

My crown reminded of a Sleeping Beauty illustration from my childhood. I dug through my attic to find it. The title is "The Barefoot Book of Princesses," retold by Caitlin Matthews and illustrated by Olwyn Whelan.



There I was, sitting quietly in English minding my own business when the lovely Casey thrust a bouquet of flowers onto my desk and demanded I make her a crown. There just happened to be a few flowers left over so I went ahead and fashioned myself one, as well. My hair was particularly wispy that day and I looked a little bit like a fairy. When I saw my reflection in the mirror one of my favourite storybooks came to mind. The illustrations are beautifully done and Sleeping Beauty's flowers are similar to mine. I think I'll wear flower crowns more often, as I got a lot of compliments.

xoxo Valentine

1 comment:

  1. The one where you are coming out of your attic is my favorite

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers