Sunday, November 8, 2009

No Use in Hiding


A couple of weeks ago, while waiting for the light to turn green, my mother and I spied, what we thought to be, a girl holding her hair up with a mask. After a couple of seconds we realized it was just an exotic headband but the idea stuck. My mind immediately jumped to a scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's, where Holly Golightly steals a crazed looking cat mask right off the shelf. She pushes the mask up out of her eyes as she goes in for the kiss, looking stunning as always. There aren't many women as gorgeous as Audrey Hepburn, but you don't have to look like a supermodel to try something new.
To avoid looking like a masquerade doll it may be a good idea to rough up your hair a little. Think "just-got-out-of-bed" hair and try back combing it first. Then, tie the ribbon around your hair rather then under it.




This vixen sits poised as the hazy afternoon light has her disguise glittering like gold. (Courtesy of Elle magazine)
Eric Fetherston sends a dainty littly lamb down the runway in a flouncy lilac frock and tilted silver mask. He has done a whole line of adorable little masks, one of which was recently featured in the November 2009 Teen Vogue issue.


Bonjour!
To all of those Halloween lovers out there, here is a way to make your favourite holiday last all year long. As soon as I get a second I'll make one for myself, but until then I have more important things to focus on. Right now, I'm sitting in my room munching on popcorn and thinking about the most recent additions to my family. On Saturday I adopted them from The Nordstrom shoe orphanage, however I'm not allowed to look at them again until Christmas. I have a lot to say but not a lot of time so I'll post again soon.
xoxo Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers